Fraser Island 3 Day Tour
Fraser Island is Heritage listed and considered the largest sand island in the world. The Island has breathtakingly beautiful beaches, rainforest and turquoise blue freshwater lakes.
Fraser Island, located off the southeastern coast of Queensland, Australia is 123 kilometres (76 mi) and 22 kilometres (14 mi) wide.
Fraser Island Highlights
Over 100 freshwater lakes which are some of the cleanest Lakes in the World. Make sure that your trip includes a swim in Lake McKenzie.
The island has Eucalyptus woodland and mangrove forests.
This 3-day tour will be a trip of a lifetime. You will be following a certified tour leader in your 4 Wheel Dive, experiencing the beauty of Fraser Island. Camping on Fraser Island’s eastern beaches, what an experience!
Over the three days, you will be visiting Eli Creek, Maheno Shipwreck, The Champagne pools, Lake Boomajin and Lake Birrabeen, Lake McKenzie, Lake Wobby, Central Station, Colored Sands, the pinnacles, Indian Heads.
Overnight you will be camping at “Cathedral on Fraser” in the ultimate camping tent. You will have complete kitchen facilities, fire pits for campers, guest laundry facilities, drinkable water, convenience store, 24-hour generator and of course hot showers.
- Depart Noosa by bus at 7.30 am heading to Rainbow Beach
- 9.30 am Arrive at Rainbow Beach to inspect and collect 4WD vehicles
- Collect food.
- Barge Transfer from River Heads, landing at Hook Head on Fraser Island
- Depending on weather and tides your Guide will assess whether it is safe to travel along the beach of if another route is needed.
- Lunch at The Southern Lakes, stopping at Lake Boomanjin for a swim and Lunch. (wraps & salad)after a relaxing break it is time for a rainforest trek
- Drive to Central Station on the way to Cathedrals Camp site arriving at around 5.30 pm
- After a refreshing shower it is dinner time of BBQ Steak/Chicken and salads
- Overnight at Cathedrals Camp site
- An Early start to make the most of your time on Fraser Island
- Continental style breakfast – Cereal, toast, spread, tea and coffee
- Today you will visit the Eli Creek , the largest freshwater creek on the east coast of the island
- Travel to Maheno Shipwreck
- Lunch at Coloured Sands
- Next Stop is the Pinnacles
- Returning to Cathedrals Campsite after an action packed day arriving at around 5.30pm
- After a refreshing shower it is dinner time
- Today is the last day on Fraser Island, after breakfast it is time to travel to Lake Wobby , the deepest lake on the island
- Then onto Lake McKenzie, famous for its clear blue water and sandy beach.
- After lunch (wraps and salad) it is time to leave the island
- Departing Fraser Island at approximately 2.30 pm
- Stop at Rainbow Beach to drop of vehicles, collect bond and dive by bus back to Noosa Arriving at approximately 5 pm in time for the exclusive post-tour party at KB’s
- Night stay Dorm Accommodation at Noosa
- All meals whilst on Fraser Island (vegetarian option available must be pre booked)
- Transfers to and from Noosa
- 2 Nights Dorm accommodation in a 16 bed dorm at Nomads Noosa
- 2 nights tent accommodation at “Cathedral on Frasers”
- Return ferry Transfers
- Safe well maintained and easy to drive vehicles
- All camping equipment
- bed linen.
- National Park Fees
- Tank of Fuel
- Departs Nomads Noosa, 44 Noosa Drive Noosa Queensland Monday, Thursday and Saturday
- When you arrive in beautiful Noosa, check in at our amazing Nomads Noosa Hostel, located at 44 Noosa Drive, Noosa.
- Don’t forget to arrive before 6.00PM as your compulsory pre-tour safety briefing will be held at Nomads KB’s Bar at this time!
- You’ll get to meet your fellow travelers and get to know more about the awesome Fraser Island tour you’ll be doing!
- This safety briefing will include driving tips, do’s and don’ts and the drivers will fill in liability and insurance forms at this time as well.
- After the briefing, it’s time to pack your small backpack, so you’re all set for your early start the next morning!
- Extras: $100.00 bond per person for 4 x 4 Vehicle Insurance