Cairns Liveaboard Snorkel
Great Barrier Reef liveaboard, Reef Encounter offers superb snorkel experiences to people of all ages and abilities.
Whether you are an experienced snorkeller or are new to the water world, the Reef Encounter team guarantee you a fun and safe way of seeing the Great Barrier Reef.
All Great Barrier Reef liveaboard snorkelling locations are selected for the optimal conditions depending on the weather and the time of year.
Depending on the length of your stay onboard Reef Encounter, you will be introduced to a number of different Outer Great Barrier Reefs and snorkeling spots.
The Great Barrier Reef is home to a more fish, coral and marine creatures than anywhere else on our incredible planet – it’s a water-lovers paradise!
Swim alongside turtles, find Nemo and his family and maybe even encounter some graceful stingrays and marine creatures than anywhere else on our planet With five snorkelling sessions per day, there’s plenty of time to snorkel, relax, try a glass bottom boat tour and maybe even try an Introductory Resort Dive – it’s up to you!
All snorkel equipment, food and accommodation are included in your trip. Optional extras are wetsuits and prescription lens masks if you require them, which are available for hire onboard. Also available onboard is the option to try a fun, resort dive!
The commentated glass bottom boat tour is a great alternative for spare time, where you can view the marine life beneath the surface and learn something interesting along the way.
Ask our helpful crew on board for information about glass bottom boat tours.
This Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard snorkel tour is in a multishare cabin with a private bathroom maximum of 3 people per room all multishare cabins have portholes and bunk beds
- 2 days and 1 night on the Great Barrier Reef onboard Cairns Premier Liveaboard “Reef Encounter”
- Time to enjoy the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef
- Chef Prepared Meals whilst onboard
- Spectacular Reef Sites
- On board Heated Spa
- Multi – Share Accommodation
Your 2 day Encounter Includes
- On board Chef Preparing quality meals daily (Dietary requirements catered for)
- Coffee, Tea, Milo whilst boat is stationary
- Fresh fruits available during the day
- Snorkel Equipment and Instruction. (Fins, Mask and Snorkel)
- Marine Biologist Presentation on board Reef Experience on route to Reef Encounter
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour with Marine Life Commentary
- Multi Share Cabins (3 persons per room) – Private Bathroom
- Fully Air conditioned
- Snorkelling at spectacular reef locations
- Government Reef Levies and Taxes
Reef Encounter Facilities
- Modern ocean-view rooms
- Private bathrooms
- Large dining area, bar & lounge area
- On board heated spa
- On board water desalination plant
- Hydraulic dive/ snorkel platform
2 Day Snorkel Itinerary
- 7:30 am Breakfast onboard Reef Experience – Marlin Jetty, Cairns
- 8:00 am Depart Marlin Jetty Marine Biologist Presentation Snorkel briefing
- 10:30 am Arrive Outer Great Barrier Reef Transfer to Reef Encounter Snorkel Sun bake and relaxation time
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm Snorkel, Sun bake and relaxation time
- 3:00 pm Cruise to our next spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef location – Snorkel, Sun bake, and relaxation time Glass bottom boat tour
- 6:00 pm Dinner & Dessert
- 7:30 pm Relaxation time, stargazing, boardgames or a movie
- 6:30 am Snorkel then Breakfast
- 8:30 am Snorkel
- 10:30 am Cruise to our next spectacular reef location Glass Bottom Boat Tours, Snorkeling, Sun baking Relaxation time
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm Snorkel, relax
- 3:00 pm Transfer To Reef Experience – Direct Journey back to Cairns with Complimentary Wine and Cheese, fresh tropical fruits
- 4:30 pm Arrive Cairns
How to Get There
Daily transfers aboard Reef Experience.
Boarding at 7.30am at the Marlin Wharf (A Finger) for Breakfast, after which we depart at 8.00am for an enjoyable 90 minute cruise to Reef Encounter.On departure day from Reef Encounter arrival time into Cairns is approximately 4.30pm
MUST BE 18+ YEARS TO BE ACCOMMODATED IN MULTI-SHARE ROOMS