2 Day Fraser Island Rainbow Beach
You will have two days and one night of action-packed fun! Totally immersed in Fraser Island’s pristine wilderness. On this great 2 day Fraser Island Adventure, your guide stays with you for the entire trip.
Your guide is a local and an expert on Fraser’s colourful marine visitors, native animals and birdlife. They’ll also be able to give you the history of the island as you are being whisked off over sand tracks. Explore some of the island’s most beautiful, natural spots – Learn fascinating facts about the island’s history, fauna and flora.
Keep an eye out for dingoes! – The island’s most famous animal – but please remember they’re a wild animal so don’t feed them.
What you may not already know is that we have more than 354 species of birds PLUS migrating humpback whales can often be seen off the eastern beach each July to November!
Heading up to Cairns next? Click HERE for the best value Great Barrier Reef Scuba and snorkel tour!
- Pick up from Rainbow Beach to start your Adventure. Take the barge to Fraser Island landing at the Southern end of Fraser Island.
- Today we check out some of Fraser Island’s coolest inland sights. Basin Lake – first stop is a walk along sand tracks . Get up close and personal with the resident freshwater turtles.
- Central Station – ancient rainforest and the reminders of a former, once bustling logging camp.
- Wanggoolba Creek – walk along the banks of this silent flowing creek with lush green rainforest.
- Pile Valley – check out the towering, red satiny trees in this rich sub-tropical forest.
- Lake McKenzie – with its white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters.
- Enjoy a refreshing afternoon swim before heading back to Kingfisher Bay.
- Includes picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
- An early start to explore Seventy-Five Mile Beach.
- Eli Creek – a great spot for a refreshing dip on a warm Queensland day! Float down this fast-flowing freshwater creek.
- Maheno Shipwreck – washed ashore during a cyclone in 1935. This rusting wreck is one of Fraser’s most iconic photo stops.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands – These vibrant sand cliffs are another favourite photo stop.
- Indian Head – climb to the top of this rocky headland for awesome beach and ocean views. Look out for sharks, rays, giant sea turtles, schools of fish and migrating humpback whales.
- Champagne Pools – chill out in these bubbling ocean rock pools. You won’t want to leave! These tidal pools change daily, but it’s always a highlight.
- 2 days guided 4 wheel drive touring
- 1 nights accommodation at Fraser Island
- 1 Breakfast
- 2 lunches
- 2 dinners
- Return ferry transfers
What to bring
- You’ll need to have a day-pack ready (with everything you’ll need for the day’s touring) before you are picked up in the morning, as your tour starts as soon as you arrive on Fraser Island and you won’t have access to your luggage during the day.
- Don’t forget to pack your swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes or sandals, sunglasses, essential medication and your camera.
- Water will be provided, but a water bottle is always handy.
- Your main backpack or other luggage will be delivered to the Wilderness Lodge (that’s where you stay, on Fraser’s gorgeous western side) storage area for you to collect in the afternoon.
- Please note – touring order and itinerary may vary due to tides, seasons and weather conditions – but our guides are EXPERTS at reading the weather and conditions and delivering you the best tour possible.