Explore Beautiful Fraser Island
Take part in this 2 Day Fraser Island Adventure. Departing from Hervey Bay in North Queensland. Fraser Island is one of Australia’s world heritage listed destinations. Ranked high along with Uluru, Kakadu and the Great Barrier Reef, Fraser Island is a place of pristine beauty with its sprawling white sand beaches flanked by stunningly coloured sand cliffs, numerous freshwater lakes and ancient rainforests.
Don’t miss out on a fun filled 2 Day Fraser Island Adventure of blue skies, golden sands and laughter. Our awesome guides will make your trip fun and informative. Don’t forget your camera!
Please note – touring order and itinerary may vary due to tides, seasons and weather conditions.
To spend 3 days exploring this amazing island, click HERE!
- The cruise to Fraser Island takes around 50 minutes. Keep your eyes peeled for playful dolphins, turtles or the elusive dugong. Your Ranger-Guide will meet you at the resorts’ jetty.
- Today we check out some of Fraser Island’s coolest inland sights!
- Basin Lake. Our first stop is a walk to the beautiful Basin Lake along sand tracks.Get up close and personal with the resident freshwater turtles.
- Central Station. A peaceful, ancient rainforest that was once a sacred Butchulla women’s birthing place. Then later the headquarters of Fraser Islands forestry operations with the reminders of a former, once bustling logging camp.
- Wanggoolba Creek. The crystal clear silently flowing freshwater creek is home to a number of species of fish, turtles and eels. Take a walk along the boardwalk that follows the creek through the lush green rainforests. A great place on a hot day. Mother Nature at her best!
- Pile Valley. Fraser’s rainforest are home to rare and ancient species including the angiopteris fern, which has the largest fern fronds in the world.
- Lake McKenzie. With its crystal clear, vivid blue waters and fine, powdery white silica sand. Picture perfect Lake McKenzie is even prettier than the postcards. Enjoy a refreshing afternoon swim before heading back to Kingfisher Bay.
- An early start to explore Seventy-Five Mile Beach. The world’s most amazing beach highway. Drive along golden sands. This beach is a fisherman’s paradise and acts as an airstrip for the islands beach pilots.
- Eli Creek. a great spot for a refreshing dip on a warm Queensland day! Float down this fast-flowing freshwater creek. Maheno Shipwreck – meaning ‘island’ in Maori, washed ashore during a cyclone in 1935, this rusting wreck is one of Fraser’s most iconic photo stops. The Pinnacles Coloured Sands. Formed over hundreds of thousands of years when minerals leached through the sands, The Pinnacles are a stunning example on Fraser Island. A great photo opportunity.
- Indian Head. The most easterly point of the island. Climb to the top of this rocky headland for awesome beach and ocean views. Look out for sharks, rays and migrating humpback whales (July – November). Champagne Pools – chill out in these bubbling ocean rock pools, the pools are fed by the crashing waves.
- The tour returns to Kingfisher Bay Resort in the late afternoon. Wind down and enjoy a relaxed dinner. Depart on the at 8.30 pm ferry back to Hervey Bay.
- 2 days of guided 4WD tours
- 1 night accommodation
- 1 breakfast
- 2 Picnic Lunches
- 2 Buffet Dinners
- return ferry transfers
- This Tour IS NOT available to guests under the age of 18.
- Your Own TRAVEL INSURANCE is highly recommended
- Tour Itinerary may change due to tides and weather conditions
- As this tour is off-road, we recommend that pregnant travellers or people with medical conditions seek medical advice before booking this tour.
- PORTERAGE, LUGGAGE HANDLING & WEIGHT POLICY Due to Australian Workplace Health & Safety requirements, the maximum acceptable weight for any single piece of luggage is 25 kgs. Bags weighing 20+ kgs will be tagged with a fluoro tag to indicate heavy luggage and that care must be taken when handling.
- Where guests are required to pack down luggage over 25 kgs, bags are available for sale from the Mainland Terminal.
- Each guest may check-in free of charge two (2) items of luggage each piece weighing no more than 25 kgs. Additional items to be checked-in will incur a handling fee of $10.00 per item. Where guests will not pack down or are not happy to pay excess charges for luggage over 25 kgs,
- the guest will be asked to carry their own luggage at all transportation points: on and off boat/s; along jetty; to accommodation and repeat all procedures at departure time.